Monument Health Caregivers to Present Webinar on Preventing FallsSep 18, 2021 09:14AM ● By Med Magazine
Three Monument Health caregivers have developed a webinar for the South Dakota Fall Prevention Coalition, to be presented on Sept. 22, during Fall Prevention Awareness Week.
Laura Holland, CNA, Patient Care Champion Supervisor, Christina Zweber, MSN, RN, Clinical Nurse Manager, and Dusty Magelky, DPT, Supervisor of Rehabilitation Services will present Monument Health’s fall prevention initiatives and innovative approaches using collaboration, data and evidence-based practices. The objectives of the webinar are to
- Increase knowledge about falls among adult populations.
- Identify factors that contribute to inpatient and outpatient falls.
- Increase knowledge regarding the evolution of the Mobility Committee at Monument Health.
- Identify opportunities of prevention utilizing current data.
- Identify statewide resources on fall prevention practices.
This nursing continuing professional development activity was approved by Montana Nurses Association, an accredited approver with distinction by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation; completion of this webinar counts as one contact hour of continuing nursing education. Participants must attend the entire session and complete the evaluation at the link emailed to them at the end of the session to successfully complete the continuing nursing education activity.
Registration is available at gotowebinar.com.