Shayna Kruse-Thoene Receives Award for Nursing ExcellenceMay 13, 2021 04:38PM ● By Med Editor
Shayna Kruse-Thoene, RN has been awarded the 2021 Award for Nursing Excellence at Yankton Medical Clinic, P.C. Nominations for the award are submitted by the nursing staff and reviewed by a randomly selected award committee. Kruse-Thone has worked at Yankton Medical Clinic, P.C. as a float nurse for nearly 3 years.
“Shay goes above and beyond as a float nurse. She is always ready to jump into whatever position she is needed in” One nominee said of Kruse-Thone. “Shay is the definition of a hard worker and YMC is lucky to have her.”
Kruse-Thoene was surprised at being selected for the award, “I’ve learned a lot about being a nurse while here at the clinic.” she continued “Everyone here deserves this award.”
The annual award was created in 2016 to recognize the contributions and hard work of nurses at Yankton Medical Clinic, P.C. and is presented during National Nurses Week May 6-12. Past winners include Barb Aman, Kristie Jensen, Carole Schulte, Jean Binder, and Linda Hoffman.
Criteria for the award include:
• Demonstrates honesty, integrity and dependability.
• Anticipates needs of co-workers, makes an effort to help others and willing to help other departments when needed.
• Shows kindness and compassion to all persons.
• Serves as a consistent, reliable resource for others.
• Viewed by peers as a knowledgeable, strong patient advocate with exceptional clinical and critical thinking skills.