Good Samaritan Society CEO Randy Bury elected to American Health Care Association Board of GovernorsOct 09, 2020 09:38AM ● By MED Magazine
The Evangelical Lutheran Good Samaritan Society today announced CEO Randy Bury has been elected to serve on the preeminent Board of Governors for AHCA, the nation’s largest association of long-term and post-acute care providers.
“I am deeply honored to join the AHCA Board especially during this unprecedented time as long-term care providers across the country continue to respond to the COVID-19 pandemic,” said Randy Bury, CEO, Good Samaritan Society. “No industry has been more vulnerable than long-term care to this crisis. I look forward to using my voice and passion to advocate for the 1.3 million Americans who live in nursing homes and our healthcare heroes working on the frontlines who care for them.”
AHCA serves as a force for change, providing information, education and advocacy tools for its more than 14,000 members to advance public policies that enhance the quality of long-term care. Members of the AHCA Board of Governors are elected by the association’s governing body, the Council of States.
“We are excited to welcome Randy to the AHCA Board,” said Mark Parkinson, CEO, American Health Care Association. “We are grateful for his leadership and expertise and look forward to his contributions that will help us shape the future of care for our nation’s seniors.”
Bury joins long-term care leaders from across the country on AHCA’s 2020-2021 board including:
- Debbie Meade of Health Management (Georgia), AHCA Chair
- Phil Fogg of Marquis Companies (Oregon), AHCA Vice Chair
- Phil Scalo of Bartley Healthcare (New Jersey), Secretary/Treasurer
- J. Mark Traylor of Traylor Porter Healthcare (Alabama), Independent Owner Representative
- Steve Flatt of National Healthcare Corporation (Tennessee), Multifacility Representative
- Derek Prince of HMG Healthcare, LLC (Texas), At-large Representative
- Joe Mitchell of Summit Care (Florida), At-large Representative
- Sarah Schumann of Brookside Inn (Colorado), At-large Representative
- Julianne Williams of Dycora Transitional Health (California), At-large Representative
- Chris Wright of iCare Health Network (Connecticut), At-large Representative
- Helen Crunk of Pemberly Place Management & Archer Place Medical Clinic (Nebraska), NCAL Representative
- Heath Boddy of Nebraska Health Care Association (Nebraska), ASHCAE Representative
- Betsy Rust of Plante Moran (Michigan), Associate Business Member (ABM) Representative; and
- Michael Wylie of Genesis HealthCare (Pennsylvania), Immediate Past Chair.
Bury will serve as the not-for-profit representative for a 2-year term and will be eligible to serve a second 2-year term. The Good Samaritan Society is one of the largest not-for-profit providers of senior care and services in the United States with more than 380 locations in 24 states.