Avera Queen of Peace Opens New Outpatient Dialysis Center
Mar 01, 2015 05:34PM
● By MED Magazine
Avera Queen of Peace Hospital in Mitchell has opened a new outpatient dialysis center on the third floor of the hospital. The newly remodeled and enhanced space offers:
- More dialysis stations to accommodate patients’ schedules
- State-of-the-art dialysis machines featuring Crit-Line technology
- Specially designed chairs with heat and massage for maximum comfort
- Blanket warmers
- Plenty of electrical outlets for personal computers and devices
- Comfortable lounge and waiting area
- Convenient parking
- Same-day lab results, and other diagnostic tests available on campus
- Experienced, caring staff
- Spiritual care
- Insurance patient advocates available for questions and assistance
- All the amenities of the Avera Queen of Peace campus, including the cafeteria and medical services on site
Primary care and multi-specialty physicians on staff at Avera Queen of Peace work hand in hand with nephrologists who oversee dialysis care. Avera nephrologists offer routine consultations and telemedicine technology is available to connect Avera Dialysis to nephrologists and the full range of specialty providers.
In the past, Avera Queen of Peace contracted with an independent company to provide outpatient dialysis on its campus. Avera has operated numerous dialysis centers throughout the region for a number of years. By offering its own dialysis center, Avera is able to provide a complete continuum of care and more scheduling options. Insurance coverage also will be more seamless for those patients whose carriers prefer a comprehensive approach to kidney disease care.
In 2016, Avera Dialysis Mitchell will relocate to the Grassland Health Campus, featuring a patient-friendly design for optimal dialysis care.