Skip to main content

MED

2017 – THE YEAR OF HEALTHCARE VIDEO

Oct 09, 2018 08:50AM ● By Alyssa McGinnis

 

In her Internet Trends Report 2016 address, Mary Meeker KCPB, predicted that by 2017, 74% of all internet traffic will be video. The best videos will be stories that are authentic, entertaining, in-context, and brief. This means that video marketing is absolutely necessary to attract, and more importantly, engage your audience.

With video quickly becoming one of the most effective types of content, video creation is now a crucial skill in the marketing world. According to Digital Sherpa, only 20% of online readers finish reading a written article. But the good news is that the remaining 80% will watch a video to completion, and be able to recall that information better. In even better news, of that 80%, studies show that 46% took some action after viewing the video. That action was most often based on learning more about the related topic.

An effective video marketing campaign will engage your audience and inspire a significant percentage of them (at least 64%) to take an action, or want to learn more. This means a greater percentage of those web visitors will become loyal clients.