Sanford Creates Board to Guide International Work
Dec 28, 2016 12:45PM ● Published by MED Magazine
The Sanford International Board, which recently held its inaugural meeting, also helps determine growth and monitors and evaluates the financial and operational performance of Sanford World Clinic and other international activities involving Sanford Health.
The following individuals were selected for the Sanford International Board:
- Andy North (chair); retired professional golfer and two-time winner of the U.S. Open
- Gary Hall Jr. (vice chair); three-time Olympic swimmer and winner of 10 gold medals
- Miles Beacom; president and CEO of Premier Bankcard
- Pam Davis; system CEO of Edward-Elmhurst Health
- Manny Ohonme; founder of Samaritan’s Feet
- Kirk Penney; shooting guard for the Australian National Basketball League’s New Zealand Breakers
- Cindy Rarick; professional golfer and entrepreneur
- Robin Smith, M.D.; chairman and president of the Stem for Life Foundation
- Kelby Krabbenhoft (ex officio); president and CEO of Sanford Health
“The Sanford International Board was created to challenge Sanford Health to think bigger,” said Krabbenhoft. “As our organization pioneers the next generation of treatments and cures, it’s increasingly important that those advancements be available on a global scale.”
Through Sanford World Clinic, Sanford Health has a presence in several countries, including the United States, Ghana, China and Germany. Since its inception, the program has opened domestic and international sites using a model that emphasizes permanent infrastructure and expert care.