Sanford Health announces leadership changes
Mar 01, 2015 05:07PM ● Published by MED Magazine
Gallery: Sanford Leadership Changes [16 Images] Click any image to expand.
Sanford’s corporate leadership team will shift with the retirement of four longtime executives this summer:
Link, senior executive vice president and chief strategy officer, will
retire after more than 30 years with Sanford Health. Link has been a
central figure in strategic planning and development and was instrumental
in the growth of the health system’s initiatives, including Sanford
Clinic, Sanford Health Plan, Sanford International Clinics and Sanford
- John Paulson, vice president for corporate administration, will retire after 4o years of experience in healthcare administration. During the past three decades, he has served in a variety of roles for the organization, including foundation director, chief executive officer for Sanford Vermillion Medical Center and executive chief of staff.
Kluck, chief clinical officer, will retire after a 40-year healthcare
career. Kluck, a registered nurse, has been instrumental in developing and
elevating Sanford’s nursing and quality initiatives.
- Rick Giesel, president of the Sanford Health Network, will retire in July. He began his career 40 years ago as a healthcare consultant. Giesel joined Sanford in 2010.
Planned transitions in corporate and operating functions have also begun across the organization:
- Joining Sanford’s corporate office, Rich Adcock was recently promoted to executive vice president for Sanford Health.
- Meghan Goldammer, current vice president of clinical operations, will assume the role of chief clinical officer this summer.
- Gene Hoyme, MD, recently transitioned from president of Sanford Research to Sanford’s new chief of genetics and genomic medicine.
- Jeff Sandene has been promoted to chief integration officer for Sanford Health’s Development and Research Division.
- Allison Suttle, MD, has been promoted to chief medical officer for the Sanford Health system.
- Heidi Twedt, MD, has been promoted to chief medical information officer for the Sanford Health system.
- Dave Pearce, Ph.D., a nationally renowned researcher, recently assumed the role of president of Sanford Research.
- Jesse Tischer will succeed Rick Giesel as president of the Sanford Health Network this summer.
- Bryan Nermoe has been promoted to enterprise vice president of population health and enterprise services.
- Kurt Brost has been promoted to chief of staff for the Health Services Division.
- Jennifer Grennan, current general counsel for Sioux Falls, will expand her role to become general counsel for Sanford Health’s Health Services Division.
- Andy Wentzy is the new chief of staff for Sanford Health’s Development and Research Division.
- Annette White, currently corporate counsel, will become general counsel for Sanford Health’s Development and Research Division.